THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING GENIUS DEN ACADEMY
OPEN LETTER TO SUPPORTERS
From Academy Director: Obadia Sehunoe
Dear Genius Den Football Academy families and community members,
We have come a long way from the 16 young boys that first played under the name of Genius Den football Academy in the fall of 2018. Thanks to your support over the past few months of our existence, our numbers have grown to over 30 players in 2019, and we now have the opportunity to serve boys from age 8 through the end of high school. We have seen tremendous learning and growth from our players and coaches, and countless reasons to continue to support the philosophy that gave us our start back in 2018 when we held our first trials, that all young players deserve to be given the opportunity to participate, a nurturing environment in which to play, and positive adult role models to guide them.
Genius Den Football Academy is a small non – profit organisation, operating on small margins. Those margins are perpetually reinvested in the children through our programs (in the form of financial aid, equipment, curriculum and program development, and enrichment opportunities), as well as in the coaches who make our programs possible (in the form of ongoing education and wage standards representative of the vital role they play in the development of both football and life skills).
Keeping this experience affordable and accessible to all families is a challenge that we embrace with the support of local sponsors who are committed to invest in the community and by generous families who go above and beyond what is asked of them to promote our mission.
Every contribution, small or large, ultimately translates to an opportunity for a young person. We know that not everyone is in a position to donate, but here are a few ways that anyone can support the Genius Den mission:
- Employer matched charitable contributions – multiply the impact of your gift
- Talk to your company about supporting the Genius Den mission through corporate sponsorship.
- Share our story with friends and family members who regularly contribute to charities
- Donate time to a fundraising effort – we need volunteers for our tournament concessions and other club events
- Invite friends to come to our camps – camp and coaching clinic registrations help us fund financial aid and enrichment activities
- Keep spreading the word about our programs
Thank you, above all, for being part of the Genius Den Academy community. The time, money and trust you have invested in us is appreciated everyday, and we will continue to strive to serve football, serve youth and serve families in the Genius Den way.
Director of Genius Den Football Academy